Thursday, June 17, 2010

Photos to Paintings

I have always been great about taking photos of my travels. For many years I've said to myself that I will paint this photograph, but never found the time to do it. So now I will finally put my paintbrush where my mouth is (did I say that right??). I will re-create a moment in time from a photo of one of my vacations and post it here when I finish. The 1st photo I will paint is a scene from my vacation to Kerala, a southern state in India. It was a lovely trip I took in 2007 with my husband, 2 children(I have 3 now), parents, two sisters & brother-in-law. We stayed overnight in a houseboat which flowed through lagoons and lakes known as the Backwaters. As we were floating around in our houseboat, we encountered 3 village children trying to get our attention. They did not speak English, Hindi or Gujarati and we did not speak their native language Malayalam. We took a beautiful picture of them and gave them whatever we could scrounge up quickly such as pens, pencils & gum. I love the picture of these 3 village children from Kerala. I will paint them and post my finished piece along with the original photo. I would love to get feedback from followers if I get any.. hopefully. I will give myself 1 week to finish this, so June 25th will be my deadline. Okay, wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment